As told to the Los Angeles City government August 2019.
Denial of housing services
* The intercom system unit 9 and outside the building is unusable. The intercom needs repair * Unit 9 tenants are still being denied a tandem parking stall
* The back interior stairs remain unstable and need repair as they are dangerous wobble when walking on them
Los Angeles- Objections to city project at 5935-5953 W Pico have been received by the City.
SUBJECT: Re Project at 5935-5953 W Pico Blvd – Objections – Los Angeles
FROM: (tenant name and email redacted)
TO: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
CC: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; councilmember.Krekorian@lacity.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
DATE: Saturday, August 18, 2018 12:32 PM
Dear Developer John Guyer and City Planning Vincent Bertoni/Mathew Glesne:
I object to the Project on the following grounds and request the below accommodations:
1. The City should require the project to have a minimum of 200 feet border surrounding the outside of the property. The 200 feet border shall include green space park play area and include Public Parking for twenty five cars.
2. The City shall require, the developer shall agree, that all maintenance to any and all residential units on the property will be completed within 15 days; this maintenance shall not include the commercial tenants and the outside of the building but shall include all areas and housing services that constitute the common area for the use of all tenants as well as the interior of all residential units. The city shall require that any housing service maintenance not completed by the 15th day from the date of a tenant complaint, will subject the property owner on day 16 to a mandatory fine of $5,000 per repair reported by the tenant; an additional mandatory fine of $5,000 will be payable to the City on the 36th day if repairs are not completed; on the 61st day if repairs are not completed, the mandatory fine payable will be $5,000 per day for every repair reported, until such time the repairs are completed.
3. The property owner shall have an opportunity to appeal such mandatory fines only after the payment of the fees.
4. The mandatory fines will be accessed only upon the receipt of three written complaints for the same repair from any residential tenant. The $5,000 fine shall apply and be payable per each item of repair reported.
5. I ask also that the developer agree to these mandatory fines as a condition of receiving building permits.
6. These fines shall apply to the developer as well as the purchaser/owner/manager of the property.
(Tenant name redacted)
1522 Hi Point St 9
Los Angeles CA 90035
Member of the LA Tenants Union